Menu

What is YOUR why? Help inspire us by sharing

• Tuesday, December 13, 2022 10:25 PM
    Message # 13024586

Are you a train runner? A collector? A model builder? An electrician? A historian? An entertainer? A leader of a group? A prototypical operator? A photographer or movie maker? A storyteller? A day-dreamer with visions of artistic expression or realistic duplication?

Share YOUR why. N Scale model railroading can be a big investment of time, money, energy, and thought-process. What kindles the flame of motivation within you?

Dare to share your dream or vision? In your lifetime, what would you imagine as the pinnacle of your model railroading career?

• Wednesday, December 14, 2022 9:06 AM
    Reply # 13025083 on 13024586
    BES

Building an N Scale Steel Mill!

• Wednesday, December 21, 2022 1:08 AM
    Reply # 13031726 on 13024586
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

— Train runner, collector, model builder, electrician / technician, a photographer, can make movies, and an engineer (electro-mechanical).

I like physics, worked for the road, section, extra gang then section again before military service - and after communications engineer working on Point to Train system(s).

.michael

• Thursday, January 05, 2023 8:50 AM
    Reply # 13045569 on 13024586

Update: No Surprise “JM” asked 14 Questions to ask 1

And he didn’t provide an answer to his own “why”!

At heart, I am, always was, always will be “a story teller”.

An example of this I published on our NRail Channel:

https://youtu.be/HQliqzAO8_s

And this one:

https://youtu.be/CGnXxney6GE

And honestly I believe EVERYONE has many stories to tell. Tune in for this month’s ZoomTRAK where we begin to unpack “50 Years of NTRAK” stories.

Please keep this thread going: What is YOUR story, your WHY?

• Sunday, January 22, 2023 8:02 PM
    Reply # 13068373 on 13024586

I have loved trains for as long as I can remember and got into N scale so I could maximize my train to space ratio.

I think the pinnacle of my model railroading "career" is going to be the restoration of the Cotton Brute.

• Saturday, February 04, 2023 9:49 AM
    Reply # 13084837 on 13024586

Larry Card, I love your Cotton Brute reference. Having just left Amherst, I was witness to many reactions of joy including “tears of joy” like seeing a long lost friend. You did GOOD! 

Find us on: